Item # : IM_BUVV03_BK
Keep track of time with our unique Murano Glass watch featuring Millefiori glass mosaics and crystal- studded bezel. This is not just a watch, but a colorful Italian accessory to any outfit, which conveys Venetian flair and famed Italian style. A unique jewelry accent for every woman, this Murano Glass ladies wrist watch is a lovely gift for any occasion that brings to mind Venice's art and beauty.
- Measurements: The dial of this Murano glass watch measures 7/8 inch in diameter. The entire case measures 1-1/8 inches in diameter.
- The watch features silver-tone details, white dial, and clear black numbers.
- Inside this watch is a high-quality Japanese quartz movement.
- The leatherette strap is comfortable, stylish, and durable; it measures just over 1/2 inch (14mm) in width. The length of the strap is 8 inches and it has multiple holes to fit a wide range of wrist sizes.
- The Millefiori mosaic glass of this watch is crafted by hand in a family glassmaking factory on Murano island. The Swarovski Austrian crystals are set into the bezel for a little sparkle without being too overwhelming.
- The watch comes with an attractive velvet pouch and a certificate of authenticity.
- Because each watch bezel is crafted entirely by hand from small randomly selected pieces of Murano Glass, no two watches will be the same. The variability of colors and patterns is a feature of Millefiori glass-making technique and not a defect.
by Debby A
This watch was not what I was expecting. It is different then the other watches, which I have 3 others. At first I thought the flowers were just painted on. Then I looked closer and realized the flowers were underneath and the Crystal's around the watch enhanced the beauty of the watch. I like that it is different then the other watches. It also looks good with the black band too.
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]
The technique of fusing together small colored fragments of glass dates all the way back to Ancient Egypt and Rome. After the fall of Rome, having been lost for centuries, this intricate technique was reinvented by Murano glass masters in the 15th century, and given new life and worldwide fame. While this technique is called "Murrine" on Murano island, outside of Venice it was dubbed "Millefiori", or "a thousand flowers" for its resemblance to a blossoming meadow.
A Millefiori design starts with the rods of different colors, each made by stretching a blob of glass into a cane. These canes are then cut into small segments, and the segments are carefully arranged by hand into a pattern that fits within a desired shape. Finally, the resulting arrangement is put into a special furnace where the tiny glass pieces are carefully fused together in high heat, and then gradually cooled off. This is how Murano masters create their famous Millefiori pendants, earrings, cufflinks, pill boxes, paperweights and many other beautiful and unique Millefiori jewelry pieces that are instantly recognized and valued for their artistic appeal and fine craftsmanship. Enjoy your Murano Glass jewelry creation, knowing that it was carefully handmade by talented Murano Glass artisans in Venice, Italy.