Item # : A_WA034DRD_2
This elegant Murano glass bangle watch is an exclusive timepiece featuring Murano's famous craftsmanship and high quality Italian workmanship evident in every detail. The face of the watch is handcrafted using Millefiori glass-making technique (Millefiori means "a thousand flowers" in Italian). Tiny mosaic glass pieces with catchy designs are carefully fused together around the face of the watch to create symmetrical patterns captivating the viewer. Bold colors, rich design, and the stylish gold-accented red bangle bracelet give this Murano Glass watch its trendy and unmistakably Venetian look. This unique watch adds a perfect accent to any outfit and works equally well for a casual day, a work day, or a night on the town.
- Measurements: The face of this Murano glass watch measures 1 inch in diameter.
- The watch features a gold-tone case, mother of pearl dial, and a high-quality movement.
- The attractive bangle bracelet is made of plastic to be both stylish and durable and it fits a wide range of wrist sizes.
- The watch comes with an attractive velvet pouch and a certificate of authenticity.
- Because each item is a unique work of art made by hand, slight variations of colors and patterns are possible. The face of the watch will always have a variety of colorful Millefiori, but their exact colors and positions will vary.
by David P
Wife loved it's uniqueness. The actual pc was just as shown in the pic. I received it 2-days after ordering!!
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]
The technique of fusing together small colored fragments of glass dates all the way back to Ancient Egypt and Rome. After the fall of Rome, having been lost for centuries, this intricate technique was reinvented by Murano glass masters in the 15th century, and given new life and worldwide fame. While this technique is called "Murrine" on Murano island, outside of Venice it was dubbed "Millefiori", or "a thousand flowers" for its resemblance to a blossoming meadow.
A Millefiori design starts with the rods of different colors, each made by stretching a blob of glass into a cane. These canes are then cut into small segments, and the segments are carefully arranged by hand into a pattern that fits within a desired shape. Finally, the resulting arrangement is put into a special furnace where the tiny glass pieces are carefully fused together in high heat, and then gradually cooled off. This is how Murano masters create their famous Millefiori pendants, earrings, cufflinks, pill boxes, paperweights and many other beautiful and unique Millefiori jewelry pieces that are instantly recognized and valued for their artistic appeal and fine craftsmanship. Enjoy your Murano Glass jewelry creation, knowing that it was carefully handmade by talented Murano Glass artisans in Venice, Italy.