Item # : VA100E_4
These exquisite earrings showcase the most popular and unique Murano technique- Millefiori (a thousand flowers)- that has become a trademark of Murano glassmaking. Each earring looks like a splash of beautiful colorful flowers arranged in a symmetric pattern and creates an impression of looking into a kaleidoscope. The longer you gaze the more enchanted you feel. The earrings are feminine and versatile and will look great with any outfit. Pair them with a silver-framed Murano Glass Millefiori pendant for a perfectly coordinated look.
- Measurements: The earrings measure approximately 3/8 inches in diameter.
- The metal elements in these earrings are .925 sterling silver.
- These Murano Glass earrings come gift-ready in an attractive velvet pouch.
- These earrings are certified authentic Murano Glass handmade in a traditional workshop in Venice, Italy. They are accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
- Because each item is a unique work of art made by hand, and due to the features of Millefiori glass-making technique where random pieces of glass mosaics are picked out and fused together, some variations of colors and patterns are a feature of these earrings. No two earrings are exactly alike. Please note: This is not a defect but a unique characteristic of authentic Murano Glass.
The technique of fusing together small colored fragments of glass dates all the way back to Ancient Egypt and Rome. After the fall of Rome, having been lost for centuries, this intricate technique was reinvented by Murano glass masters in the 15th century, and given new life and worldwide fame. While this technique is called "Murrine" on Murano island, outside of Venice it was dubbed "Millefiori", or "a thousand flowers" for its resemblance to a blossoming meadow.
A Millefiori design starts with the rods of different colors, each made by stretching a blob of glass into a cane. These canes are then cut into small segments, and the segments are carefully arranged by hand into a pattern that fits within a desired shape. Finally, the resulting arrangement is put into a special furnace where the tiny glass pieces are carefully fused together in high heat, and then gradually cooled off. This is how Murano masters create their famous Millefiori pendants, earrings, cufflinks, pill boxes, paperweights and many other beautiful and unique Millefiori jewelry pieces that are instantly recognized and valued for their artistic appeal and fine craftsmanship. Enjoy your Murano Glass jewelry creation, knowing that it was carefully handmade by talented Murano Glass artisans in Venice, Italy.