Item # : DP_MBM_ED
Colorful and unique, this Murano Glass vase features magnificent Millefiori design that creates a modern yet timeless impression. While large and heavy, this Murano vase looks elegant and weightless, thanks to the mastery and talent of some of the most famous Murano Glass artisans in Venice. Bands of Millefiori mosaics in various colors rise up from the bottom of the vase. It's almost like a vase is wrapped in a colorful shawl. The classical form of the vase combined with its elaborate artistic design highlight Murano masters' talents not just in crafting beautiful glassware but also in dreaming up and designing unique looks, making them artists and artisans at once. Whether you choose to add flowers or just display the vase as a decorative piece, it is an excellent addition to any interior design, which represents the best in Italian design and Venetian artistic tradition. This gorgeous Murano Glass vase also makes a very special gift for big occasions such as weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, or important holidays. When you present this vase as a gift, you can be sure that it will be much appreciated and become a family keepsake that will be proudly displayed and treasured for generations.
- Measurements: The Murano vase is approximately 17 inches tall, 5 inches deep and 9-1/2 inches wide in its widest part. The top opening is an oval about 6 x 4 inches.
- This beautiful authentic Murano vase was handmade in a family workshop on Murano island using only traditional glass-making methods.
- The glass artist who made and signed this vase is a third-generation Murano maestro, whose works can be found in art galleries, museums, exhibitions, and private collections worldwide.
- The vase features the signature of the glass master, the attached sticker further proving its Murano origin, and the certificate of authenticity.
- Because each Venetian vase is a unique work of art made by hand, slight variations of sizes, colors, patterns, and shapes are possible.
Murano Glass Millefiori vases and bowls are made by hand in the factories of Murano Island using a unique time-tested method of infusing small pieces of Millefiori glass canes into the hot glass core of an object, whereby the surface of the art glass object acquires a mosaic look. By picking out the colors and patterns of Millefiori beads to use in each Murano Glass piece, the glass artisans of Murano create thousands of Millefiori vases, bowls, and other art glass pieces, each with its own unique design. Making a Murano Millefiori Vase is hard work involving multiple steps and precise movements between crafting the object at the artisan’s bench and re-heating it many times in the furnace, making each object a valuable and distinctive piece of Murano Glass art.