How to clean Murano Glass Chandelier? While it may seem difficult, Murano chandeliers are easier to clean than many other chandelier types which cannot be taken apart. There are several ways to clean Venetian chandeliers depending on whether you just purchased the chandelier and it arrived to you in parts, or if it’s already up on your ceiling.
Murano Glass chandeliers typically consist of multiple elements. This makes it easy to transport and store them when not in use. The best way to clean a Murano Glass Chandelier that is in use in your home or office is to disassemble it and clean the parts one by one. If it just arrived and you want to make sure it shines before hanging it up, then clean the individual parts first before assembling your chandelier.
If it’s too difficult to disassemble your hanging Murano chandelier then you can do some light cleaning by simply removing dust with microfiber cloth without disassembly. Do not use any chemicals or sprays to clean your Murano Glass Chandelier as this may damage the glass. Do not use a dishwasher to clean the separate elements. The hot water and mechanical movement of the machine will damage the fragile chandelier parts.
Here are the key steps to clean Murano Glass Chandelier that hangs in your home:
- Turn off the light and let the bulbs cool completely.
- Disassemble the chandelier by removing each glass element one by one. Remove each leaf, flower, shade, arm, and finally the central stem.
- Fill a large plastic tub with warm water. Add a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar to the water. Mix together.
- Roll out a large towel on the counter or on a table.
- Take the first glass element and put it in the tub. Submerge it entirely in the water and vinegar solution you just made. After it is cleaned in the water-and-vinegar solution, dry it off with lint-free cloth and lay on the prepared towel.
- Repeat the process with each glass element of the chandelier.
- When you are done cleaning and drying all the elements, re-assemble the chandelier.
If you choose to disassemble your Murano Glass Chandelier for cleaning, be very careful. It is almost impossible to find replacements for any broken elements. Do not place the glass shades, stems, center column or decorative elements on the floor where it’s easy to step on them. Keep them on a tall enough table or counter to put them out of reach of pets and children.
However, if you purchased your chandelier from Glass Of Venice and happen to break an chandelier piece, do not despair. Contact us and we will assist you with ordering a spare part.
Murano Glass chandeliers make the biggest impression when they are translucent and clean. This allows the light to play off each element. If you clean your chandelier every several months, it will sparkle and reflect light in the best possible way.