How to clean Murano Glass Chandelier? There are several ways. The best way to clean a Murano Glass Chandelier is to disassemble it and clean parts one by one. If it’s too difficult then you can do some light cleaning by simply removing dust with microfiber cloth without disassembly. Do not use any chemicals or sprays to clean your Murano Glass Chandelier as this may damage the glass.
Here are the key steps to clean Murano Glass Chandelier:
- Turn off the light and let the bulbs cool completely.
- Disassemble the chandelier by removing each glass element one by one. Remove each leaf, flower, shade, arm, and finally the central stem.
- Fill a large plastic tub with warm water. Add a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar to the water.
- Roll out a large towel on the counter or on a table.
- Take the first glass element and put it in the tub. Make sure it is entirely submerged, or submerge different parts in turn by hand. After it is cleaned in the water-and-vinegar solution, dry it off with lint-free cloth and lay on the prepared towel.
- Repeat the process with each glass element of the chandelier.
- When all the elements have been cleaned and dried, re-assemble the chandelier.
If you choose to disassemble your Murano Glass Chandelier for cleaning, be very careful, as broken elements are almost impossible to replace. However, if you purchased your chandelier from GlassOfVenice and happen to break an element, do not despair. Contact us and we will assist you with ordering a spare part. If you clean your chandelier every several months, it will sparkle and reflect light in the best possible way.